Dan Rogan Bio


Dan Rogan Bio

Hey all! My name is Dan and I'm originally from Dubuque, Iowa (the "Masterpiece on the Mississippi" as we like to say!). I now find myself based in Michigan's Upper Peninsula, living, working, and attending school at Northern Michigan University in Marquette. I enjoy getting outside when I can to camp, hike, paddle, snowshoe, cross country ski, or whatever else I can get into. I enjoy driving my Zamboni at work, listening to music and playing my guitar and mandolin, and spending time with friends.

I first went canoeing as a youth with my Boy Scout Troop. We paddled a small section of the Mississippi River south from Dubuque. Not long after, we took a trip to the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness, a place that my Troop holds near and dear as many of us have journeyed there at one point in our Scouting career. Little did I know, at the time, that it would later become another home for me. Fast forward quite a bit of time and quite a few more canoe trips later to where I found myself spending most of my time, for a number of years, living and working on the edge of the Boundary Waters and loving getting out in a canoe as much as possible in the summers and out camping, skiing, snowshoeing, and dogsledding in the winters. It's a truly beautiful place, a place that I know I've left a piece of myself for the rest of my life. I've come into connect with such beautiful places there and I've met such wonderful co-workers (both on two and four legs!) that have become such close friends. I hope to return as much as possible for a long, long time.

I'm participating in the Yukon 1000 because I love adventure. I love to see new things, to have new experiences, and to push my limits. This is unlike any other expedition I've embarked on before in my life and that, to me, is putting new life into what I'm doing with myself. It's a new area of pristine wilderness that has the potential to wake up that part of my soul that makes me feel the most alive. It's an opportunity to see a new part of the world and to bond with some like-minded people, even if they are our competitors. Already, the community of people involved in this race has been a pleasure to communicate with and I'm excited to now be a part of that myself!

Thank you all for following along on this adventure and being a part of it! Stay tuned for more!

-Dan

Comments